Sunday, January 31, 2010

Somewhere In Between

I've been trying to write songs for about a year to get emotions out of my head, but my songwriting abilities always fail me half-way into any song i start. Which is why I'm thankful to Lifehouse right now for my current favorite song, Somewhere in Between. It pretty much sums up every song I've ever tried to write.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5mCy7_hcK0

It's kind of funny to me that a song they released 10 years ago has such great relevance to something going on in my life right now.

"I'm somewhere in between, what is real and just a dream."

I'm waiting for that moment to "wake up." The moment that lets you know it was just a dream. The moment that lets you know you won't have to deal with it anymore. But at the same time I'm dealing with the fact that a typical dream doesn't continuously occur during consciousness day after day. Hence, I feel like a situation going on in my reality is more suitable for a dream. I don't necessarily know that this is what Jason Wade had in mind when he wrote the song, but it's the meaning that i find applicable.

I apologize for not expounding on the subject that connects me to this song, but I decided to stay away from blogging with too much personal detail. I will, however, leave you with a hint of what it's about by quoting another Lifehouse song.

"Maybe you could not believe it, that my love for you is blind. But I couldn't make you see it, that I loved you more than you'll ever know."

1 comment:

RJ said...

most inconsistent blogger ever award