Monday, January 25, 2010

Not What i Promised

This is a little bit ironic. I said i was going to post something today about my thoughts. Turns out, I'm not. What's ironic about it is I am instead going to take another look at the phrase, "actions speak louder than words." Someone wise who read the post pointed out to me that maybe I had altogether missed the point of the saying. Here's the example he gave:

Someone says, "I'm going to give $100,000 to the victims in Haiti." That seems like a pretty admirable thing, right? Well what if the person then proceeds to give no assistance and doesn't back up his statement? On the other hand, a person might say, "I will not help the Haiti victims," and then he sends $100,000 in aid to the Haitian relief efforts.

With this view, "actions speak louder than words" is a little bit more clear to me. I encourage you to read Matthew 21:28-31 for a similar situation that Jesus lays out.

The upcoming post i mentioned yesterday? Well, let's just say it's going through some reconstruction since my approach on the subject is a little different now.

1 comment:

bekah kay said...

I DONT WANT TO BE PERCEIVED THE WAY I AM..I JUST WANT TO BE PERCEIVED THE WAY I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

haha i don't know what any of this is about i got confused i've been doing math all day so my brain can't comprehend much more. LA YOU BUBBY!